Do you want to get away to the wilderness? With proper planning, camping can be one of the most exciting and fulfilling vacations out there. You can test yourself against nature, see wildlife, and enjoy fresh air. You’ll come back with a renewed appreciation for the creature comforts of civilization and a better understanding of the world around you. But there’s nothing more essential for a good camping trip than proper shelter. No one likes to be exposed to the elements at night, especially when it’s raining. Putting together a tent can be challenging, so many campers are opting to go with a pop up tent. Pop up tents can be assembled in only minutes, providing reliable shelter with no hassle. Here at Family Tent Expert, we’ve put together a list of the best pop up tent brands on the market today. Read on to find the best pop up tent to ensure your next camping trip goes smoothly
Top Picks: 5 Best Pop Up Tent
Top 10 Best Pop Up Tent Reviews
The following list of best pop up tent brands is reviewed based on the following parameters – affordability, durability, ease of setup, capacity, and style.
1. Quechua Waterproof Pop Up Camping Tent
The Quechua Waterproof Pop Up Camping Tent is an ideal choice for inexperienced campers due to its easy set-up. It features an Easy Guide system that means you can set it up and take it down in only seconds, and it folds down to a disc shape for easy storage. It has two inside pockets available for storing important small items, and its blackout interior coating makes for a relaxing night with no light sneaking in. Made from durable waterproof material, this tent is available in two sizes, holding two or three adult campers.
Quechua products come with a two-year warranty.
- Made from highly durable materials
- Comes with a waterproof exterior and blackout interior to prevent light infiltration
- Ideal tent for small camping parties
- One of the most expensive tents on the list
- Not ideal for larger or family camping trips
2. Wnnideo Pop Up Camping Tent
The Wnnideo Instant Family Tent is one of the most reasonable options for a large camping party. Coming in grey, blue and green, this tent fits six and boasts an easy setup and waterproof exterior. Six mesh panels allow for air exchange while keeping bugs out. Despite its large size, it only weighs nine pounds and can be broken down and set up in only minutes. The UV-resistant exterior makes for ideal protection from the sun.
All Wnnideo products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Resistant to both water and sun exposure
- Easy setup and breakdown
- Can fit six people comfortably
- Few additional features or storage options
- One of the heavier tents on the list
3. Coleman 4-Person Pop-Up Tent
Coleman is one of the most trusted names in outdoor gear, and this simple two-person tent offers great value with strong quality. Lightweight and durable, you can set it up in seconds with a simple toss in the air. Breakdown takes only minutes, and the tent comes with a bag for easy storage. It fits two sleeping pads and features a removable top for additional air exchange or stargazing. Ideal for a small camping party.
Coleman products come with a limited warranty for any product defects.
- Lightweight and portable design
- Setup takes only seconds and breakdown is easy
- Features a removable roof for air and stargazing
- Folded shape can be bulky
- Small size is cramped for two adults
4. FiveJoy Instant Popup Camping Tent
Fivejoy is designed to be your home away from home in the wilderness. Setting up in seconds and folding up just as easily, it provides convenient storage spaces within the tent and hangers to suspend wet clothing. The windows and doors are secure and designed to stand up to severe weather including wind. Ideal for winter, waterproof polyester provides a high level of protection for your next hunting trip or wilderness expedition. The large space easily fits up to four adults.
Fivejoy offers a one-year warranty on all manufacturing defects.
- Resistant to extreme weather
- Large space can hold up to four adults
- Comes with added storage space
- Easy setup and folding
- Seams are not waterproof
- One of the more expensive tents
5. G4Free Pop up Tents
One of the least expensive options on the list, this pop-up tent makes for an ideal choice for casual campers. Its taped seams and water-resistant fabric keep water out of the tent, while two large windows and dual doors ensure good air flow and ventilation. The windows have a fine mesh that keeps out even the smallest bugs, and the tent sets up and folds down in seconds.
G4Free offers a lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects.
- One of the lower-priced options
- Lightweight and easy to set up
- Anti-bug mesh is effective
- Not ideal for harsh weather climates
- Folded size is larger than average
- Smaller size only ideal for small camping parties
6. BATTOP 3-4 Person Water Resistant Camping Tent
The BATTOP brand offers a large size for a fraction of the price of other family-sized tents. It holds a family of four and has two entrances for easy access. Lightweight and designed for ideal ventilation, it comes equipped with a small pavilion for comfort and easy dining inside your shelter. Waterproof with quick-dry material and UV protection, it is ideal for both summer and winter. Mesh walls ensure proper ventilation on the most humid days.
BATTOP offers a one-year warranty for their products.
- One of the most spacious tents on the list
- Waterproof and UV-resistant fabric
- Ideal ventilation thanks to mesh walls
- Comes with a pavilion
- A fraction of the price of similar-sized tents
- Fabric not as strong as alternatives
7. theNORTHblu 2 Person Pop Up Tent
A two-person mobile shelter that collapses easily for carrying in a storage bag, you set it up in seconds. Coming with room for two sleeping pads, it has three ventilation holes for a comfortable night’s sleep. There’s room near the entrance for a mosquito net to ensure bugs stay out. This is a low-cost portable option ideal for a small camping party.
TheNORTHblu offers a full factory warranty.
- Tent is well-ventilated
- Can be set up and folded in only seconds
- Comes with an included carrying case
- Not currently available on Amazon
- Sleep pads sold separately
- Only sleeps two
8. ZOMAKE Pop Up Tent
The Zomake pop-up tent sets up in less than a minute and comes with everything you need – no need to buy stakes or tarp. Weighing around eight pounds, you can easily carry it along on a hike. The 9,000-square-foot size makes it ideal for a large family on a camping trip. Top-quality polyester protects you from bugs with a fine mesh, and an included rain fly keeps you protected from the elements. It’s one of the roomiest and most convenient tents on the market.
Zomake offers a one-year replacement warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Mid-range tent with high-end features
- One of the largest tents available in this price range
- Anti-bug mesh and rain fly protect you from the elements
- All-inclusive and easy to use
- No additional storage options
9. HuiLingYang Outdoor Instant 4-Person Pop Up Dome Tent
This dome-shaped tent fits up to four people and comes in six colors and designs. Coming with its own carrying bag, it can be set up with a simple toss in only seconds. Two doors at the left and right of the tent are covered with nylon flaps to ensure both ventilation and privacy. The walls are made from water-resistant polyester and the window flap turns into a rain fly with the addition of a guy line.
Offers a one-year warranty for non-manmade damages.
- Large tent can hold up to four people
- Water-resistant walls made from high-quality fabric
- Comes in six colors and designs
- One of the more expensive tents on the list
- Price varies based on style
- Tent can leak during heavy rain
10. Night Cat Backpacking Tent
If a waterproof tent is your biggest concern, the Night Cat Backpacking Tent is one of your best bets. It comes with a rain fly attached to six sturdy fiberglass poles. The tent is designed to resist strong wind and rain thanks to waterproof fabric that keeps you dry in even the worst weather. The floor is made from 210D Oxford fabric to keep the floor dry. It has an automatic pop-up system that ensures anyone can set it up in seconds. Two doors with high-quality zippers keep the tent well-ventilated and secure.
Comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- One of the most waterproof tents on the market
- Easy to set up with a single press of a button
- Made from highly durable material
- One of the heavier tents on the list
- Smaller capacity than other options
1. What Is a Pop Up Tent?
A pop up tent is a portable tent that requires little to no assembly. Instead of putting it together piece by piece, the tent is preassembled and folded. The press of a button opens it up and the tent is ready to provide shelter in minutes.
2. I’m a First-Time Camper. Are the Best Pop Up Tent Brands Suitable for Me?
Someone with no experience assembling a tent will find the best pop up tent brands easy to assemble in only minutes.
3. Will the Best Pop Up Tent Brands Protect Me from the Elements?
The fabric the best pop up tents use is as sturdy as those in mid-range standard tents that require assembly.
4. Are the Best Pop Up Tent Brands Suitable for Family Camping?
The size of each tent varies, but most are suitable for multiple people.
5. Where Can I Purchase the Best Pop Up Tent Brands?
The ten pop up tent brands we review in this article can all be found on Amazon and at major sporting goods and outdoor retailers.
Which of these best pop up tent brands is right for you? That will depend heavily on your needs. Are you camping alone? With a small party? With a large family? Are you most concerned about a waterproof tent, or do you need protection from harsh weather conditions? Is storage important to you? There’s only one tent on the list that provides all-purpose quality, easy setup, and a large capacity ideal for large parties. We give our endorsement to the BATTOP 3-4 Person Water Resistant Camping Tent as the best pop-up tent on the market today.